Fine Art/Paintings by Madroza and Maddaus

Hello Mr. Hynes,
Could you possibly tell me any information about either Johann Karl Ludwig Maddaus (my great-great-grandfather) or Henry Madroza?  I have two oil paintings given to me by my grandparents one of which is signed by a Henry Madroza.  I believe the other is a painting by my Johann, though I cannot see any signature.  Any information you might be able to provide, I would appreciate.  I can send a picture of each as well.
Thank you,

Dear John, I found a small listing for Johann Karl Ludwig Maddaus painter of portraits and lithographer. He was born in Hamburg in 1820 and died in Riga in 1878. I find no listing for Henry Madroza. It is often difficult to find Spanish names as sometimes they are listed under their mother's name and sometimes under their father's name.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.