Fine Art/Paintings by Madroza and Maddaus

Question
Hello Mr. Hynes,
Could you possibly tell me any information about either Johann Karl Ludwig Maddaus (my great-great-grandfather) or Henry Madroza?  I have two oil paintings given to me by my grandparents one of which is signed by a Henry Madroza.  I believe the other is a painting by my Johann, though I cannot see any signature.  Any information you might be able to provide, I would appreciate.  I can send a picture of each as well.
Thank you,
John

Answer
Dear John, I found a small listing for Johann Karl Ludwig Maddaus painter of portraits and lithographer. He was born in Hamburg in 1820 and died in Riga in 1878. I find no listing for Henry Madroza. It is often difficult to find Spanish names as sometimes they are listed under their mother's name and sometimes under their father's name.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes