Fine Art/Paintings by Zini

Question
My parents have two oil paintings, each a scene from Venice, signed by Zini. One painting is of a building along a waterway, and the other is of a man descending some steps down to the water. My grandparents brought them to the U.S. from Italy on one of their trips home, sometime around or prior to 1950.  Do you know anything about this artist?

Answer
Cynthia:  I found three artists named Zini:  Alberto, Renato and Umberto, all born in last part of 19th century, all died by 1964.  None had any art that sold at auction the past few years, so I have no idea as to value, or anything about them.  If the paintings are by one of those three, however, there is some value, perhaps a thousand dollars each.  Enjoy.  Alan Klevit.

NOTE:  check out Alan's latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, at www.booklocker.com.

Alan Klevit