Fine Art/Paul Ashbrook

Arab, probably Moroccan woman
Arab, probably Morocca  
My brothers and I have inherited several works by Paul Ashbrook -- one watercolor and perhaps 5 or 6 etchings. Can you give us a general idea of the value of such works? (photo of the watercolor attached)

Thanks in advance, regards, Steve Klain

Dear Stephen, Years ago I was in Paul Ashbrook's home (in Cincinnati), I knew his son. He was a good painter, but just not popular today. His artwork brings very little money: oils $500 to $1,500, watercolors $50 to $200, etchings next to nothing.
Sorry, the art market does not always make sense.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.