Fine Art/Paul Ashbrook?

Question
I have a painting of a clipper ship that is signed by Ashbrook it is aprox 3.5ft by 2.5ft. Is this a painting by Paul Ashbrook and if it is How can I find out the value of painting? This is a oil on board.

Answer
Dear Michael, Over the past year I have received at least a dozen inquiries regarding paintings by Paul Ashbrook. None of them were by Paul Ashbrook. I knew Paul Ashbrook's son and spent time in his home in Cincinnati and examined  a least a hundred paintings by his father. He did not paint marine or ship paintings, or battle scenes (with working clocks inserted in the panel or board of the painting) as other people have inquired. Paul Ashbrook (his original name was Paul Aschenbrecker) painted mostly impressionist landscapes. I think someone in Thailand or Malaysia has been creating paintings and using his name.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes