Fine Art/Paul Wesley

Question
I have a painting (quite old/soiled looking) of a man with a knapsack and
walking stick in the woods.  I have had the painting for at least 20 years.

It is signed Paul Wesley.  It is stapled to a wood frame that has
"water-proof-treated
ANCO, Inc.
Glendale, LI"

with a large 16 Next to the wording  ---- on the back of the frame.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Answer
Dear Veronica, I do not research artwork post-1940, which yours sounds to be. Canvases were not stapled to stretcher bars prior to 1940, nor were they waterproof treated.
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at pirround@msn.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do not research prints or artwork post-1940.
Cordially,
Dan  

Daniel A. Hynes