Fine Art/Picasso

Question
Hi Daniel

I want to know if you could help me answering this generel question.
Did some artists such as Picasso and Chagall sign pages from fine artbooks? which was later framed and sold?

Thanks Soren Holmstrup, Denmark  

Answer
Dear Soren, This out of my area of expertise, but I do know that artists such as Picasso, Chagall, and others of the early 20th century executed (and signed) etchings and lithographs for limited edition publications. Many of the prints in these publications were cannibalized, framed, and sold seperately. They range in value from very little to considerable amounts of money. You would have to contact a dealer specializing in prints by a particular artist to learn the value, or at an art museum library you can check the "Print Price Index" which is published annually.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes