Fine Art/Picasso Lithograph

Some 3o years ago I bought as a gift for my parents what I thought was a Picasso lithograph.  I recently took a look at it, the image is A Boy With A Flower, (Un homme avec une fleur)  It is dated 23.9.70, numbered 179/2500 and, signed in the stone.  The Picasso signature is above the date and in the same color as the date.  When I search for this image I found two or three for sale, but these did not have the signature above the date, were pencil signed at the bottom, and were of a different series, of 150.  Do you recognize what I have as compared to what I have found?  Is there any relationship between their values?  I can't find anything about the series of 2500 that this was from.  Thank you for your help.

There are dealers that sell un-signed and plate signed works by Picasso. I will only sell pencil signed, and most of my clients want Picasso's hand signature.  The value of plate signed works is much lover than hand signed. If you have a photo lithograph, then it's simply a photo of the signature.
It would have to be examined to determine plate or photo signature. I can refer you to an appraiser, but if it's a low end piece, you might not want to pay the fees for certs.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.