Fine Art/Picasso Print question

I'd like to ask about a Picasso print that I lost in a house fire. I'm trying to track down the image and its value, if possible, for legal reasons, but I've run into a few snags.

I found several images of Picasso's lithograph, "Bullfight Scenes," of December 15, 1945, in library art books.  The print I had was not the entire image, but just the single large image from the bottom left of the print.  Strangely, I'm recalling the image in my print as a mirror image of the one in "Bullfight Scenes," although I may be wrong.

The print was a gift to me from my grandmother, who unfortunately did not retain the authenticity papers.  In her recollection, the signature in red crayon on the bottom right of our print had been certified as authentic, although there was some question over the image itself.

My questions are as follows:
1. Do you know anything at all about this image?
2. Is it possible that it might be a mirror image?  Perhaps if an original had been cut up and used as the basis for more prints?
3. What might the value of my (partial?) print be, considering the authentic signature?
4. Could you suggest any further resources I might check?

Thanks so much!

Hello, sorry for the delay. I am going directly to your 3rd question. A value of a partial print would be practically nothing. You would need the whole print to come to determining fair-market value and comparables by that artist. You are basically saying what would the signature be worth. In this case an authentic signature. I would value the signature alone at $100-$200. Joe.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University