Fine Art/Picasso Prints

Question
I,  first off, I want to thank you for your candid expertise on these very questionable lithographs and prints.

I have been wanting to step into the art world, but hate to be duped !!

Quick question for you:

I ran across this dealer...or broker really:  http://www.elithographs.com/PICASSOPOSTER.html
>> Just click on that link, or cut and paste it into your Internet browser Alan<<

They are selling several Picasso lithographs from the Vallavris Expo. Several years are represented here.

I happen to have one I received from a friend, the 1952 expo poster, and it appears to be hand signed, no COA or anything, but has a plate signature and what appears to be a hand signature in red as well.  In fact it has 3 signatures ..one in black pencil, one in red and of course in the plate.

I would like to add to this series.

This company is selling several of these hand singed prints for $100 ....to go off of your Art 101 basic advise ..."Buyer Beware".... is this a great example of false signatures ?

I actually like some of these pieces none-the-less and found the prints to be a good value even if the signature was not real ...BUT would like to ask you your opinion on these prints and the validity.  These pieces come with a standard COA from the National Art Brokers inc. and singed by a Dr. Joseph Foster ????

I can't find any info on the Dr. nor this National Art Broker inc....seems terribly suspect.

Like you have said before:
If it's too good to be true it is and if they can sell these legitimate prints for thousands ...why discount it to a $100 ??

Alan, what are your thoughts on this ??

I truly appreciate your expertise, time, and help !!

I look forward to your advise,

Scott Julsen

Answer
Scott--the first thing that hit me on the website was "offset" lithograph.  By definition, an offset is a four-color separation reproduction, which can be reproduced forever, like the cover of TIME Magazine, also an offset lithograph.  They aren't worth a hundred dollars, unless, of course, the signature is good, but why would it be?  Too bad.  Nice images.  Alan.

Alan Klevit