Fine Art/Picasso book - Toreros

Question
Alan - We did look at the print with a magnifying lens.  It was in solid colors from what we can see.  In fact, one of the employees was educating us how to look at lithographs vs. prints, showing us examples with the pixels.  

To ease our concerns, he showed a site (GeminiBooks.com)which is selling the book in American Edition under "Toreros" title.  Here are the listings.  Would love your thoughts.    

Thanks!

Rich

(Picasso, Pablo, 1881-1973) Sabartes, J. Toreros (A Los Toros). With lithographs by Pablo PICASSO. NY: Braziller, 1961, 1st American edition, 10 x 13 in., 154 pages, numerous plates, including 4 original lithos (1 in color), by Pablo Picasso, printed by Fernand Mourlot. The four originals are: ”La Pique”, ”Jeu de la Cape”, ”Les Banderilles” and ”Le Picador” (in color). An excellent copy in dust jacket, the lithos are perfect. References: Bloch 1014-1017; Freitag no. 7495; Goeppert & Cramer 113.  $3200

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Picasso, Pablo, 1881-1973) Sabartes, J. Toreros (A Los Toros). With lithographs by Pablo PICASSO (x-lib). NY: Braziller, 1961, 1st American edition, 10 x 13 in., 154 pages, numerous plates, including 4 original lithos (1 in color), by Pablo Picasso, printed by Fernand Mourlot. The four original prints are: ”La Pique”, ”Jeu de la Cape”, ”Les Banderilles” and ”Le Picador” (in color). This is an x-library copy in dust jacket, with library stamps and other imperfections; the withdrawn stamp on back endleaf. The lithos are in excellent condition, except the first litho (in black) has a library stamp on the top margin. References: Bloch 1014-1017; Freitag no. 7495; Goeppert & Cramer 113.  $1800

(Picasso, Pablo, 1881-1973) Sabartes, J. Toreros (A Los Toros). With lithographs by Pablo PICASSO. Monte-Carlo: A. Sauret, 1961, 1st German edition, 10 x 13 in., 154 pages, numerous plates, including 4 original lithos (1 in color), by Pablo Picasso, printed by Fernand Mourlot. The four originals are: ”La Pique”, ”Jeu de la Cape”, ”Les Banderilles” and ”Le Picador” (in color); a fine copy in slipcase, the lithographs in excellent condition. References: Bloch 1014-1017; Freitag no. 7495; Goeppert & Cramer 113.  $2900

-------------------------------------------
The text above is a follow-up to ...

-----Question-----
Alan - Thanks for your quick response.  One follow-up question.  I misspoke about the book last night.  It doesn't say "A Los Toros" on the side of the book.  It actually says "Toreros" - does that still make the book genuine/authentic?  

Thanks!  
The text above is a follow-up to ...

-----Question-----
I am considering buying a book called "A Los Toros" by Sabartes which has 4 original lithographs by Picasso in it. I looked at it in person, it has a red slip cover and is red hard cover. The lithographs look to be in good condition. The book is in English, says it is translated from French, says "A Los Toros" along the side, dated 1961. They are selling the book for $2k and says they bought it from the estate of a lady who collects art. What are the chances of this being a fake? Are there many people who make fake books like this? Is this is a good deal? We saw one in good condition offered on Gemini books for $3200.

In the reference book that show the 4 lithographs, the size of the lithographs are the size of the images in the book, but not the size of the entire pages of the book. Is that right?

They are also selling a print that appears to come from another copy of the same book called "Le Picador" in color. The thing is, the size of this separate lithograph is a little bigger than the pages of the book. When we looked at the reference book, it said something on the about separate printings, with margins. Could this be one of those prints, or is there a higher change that this could be a fake? They are offering the print for $900. Is this a good deal?

Oh and neither the book nor the separate lithograph print have any signatures.  

Thanks so much for your advice!
-----Answer-----
Rich--the book should be fine.  I am not aware of any fakes of it, and, indeed, that would be very difficult to accomplish.  And the price is very fair.  As for the other piece, The wider margins is correct.  It should have two dates in the image, March 6, 1961 [when the black and white was created], and April 4, 1961 [shown as 21.4.61] when the color was added.  I love that print.  Buy it for $900!  A bargain in my opinion.
-----Answer-----
Rich--I am a bit concerned about the title--no reference to it in the Picasso Catalog.  Since the 4th piece--the color one--is [should be] in the book, look at it through a jeweler's loop or high powered magnifying glass.  It should show 'solid' colors.  If there are rows of dots, then it is an offset lithograph [reproduction] and not original.  Since you have raised a legit question, apply same procedure to the individual lithograph [which, by the way, I own!].  Good luck.  Alan

Answer
Sounds good.  At the end of the day, you have to trust your gut.  Seems fine.  I wasn't concerned about pixels, but offset lithography, which produces rows of dots.  Solid is good!  Book sounds okay.  Mourlot is the right publisher, and a first class one at that.  Alan.

Alan Klevit