Fine Art/Picasso etching

Question
Hi Alan,
I am looking at buying Picasso Bloch 1139.
Seller states signed and numbered, with provenance.
Title Le peintre et son modeles.
Size 30 x 20.
Image 24 x 11
Dated 12/4/63.
Asking 4500$
My concern is when I googled it, the Bloch reference stated Not Signed.
So now I am concerned about it.
Can you clarify.
Thanks,
David

Answer
David--I moved across the country last year and have not had occasion to look at Volume I of the Bloch catalog.  Now I can't find it, and Vol II starts at Bloch 1400.  You could try Sotheby's or Christie's.  I have researched international auction records.  No sales for B. 1139, but several for others of Le Peintre images, all in the 1130s, all signed, and indicating edition size of 200.  Price seems in line, too.  By the way, that 24Xll is centimeters, not inches, which is 4 1/3 X 9 1/4.  Where did you google it to find it was not signed?  Wish I could find my Bloch I.  I still have a few unopened boxes of books and will get to them.  Good luck.  Alan

Alan Klevit