Fine Art/Picasso lithograph?

I have a picasso print/lithograph.  Actually, I am not sure what it is.  It was given to me about 19 years ago as a gift.  I have been trying to find out more information about this piece.   What I have found out thus far is that it might be a copy of the original "Sylvette au fauteuil vert" which was done by picasso in May, 1954.  This information I received from the Musee Picasso in France..  But what they could not tell me is whether this was a reproduction by picasso himself or did he authorize a reproduction of this particular piece? It looks exactly like the original and the signature looks like it might be plated.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

If you do not have a pencil signed work, chances are, it has low value. There are some un-signed proofs that sell in the high dollars. If a publisher cannot gain access to an artist, but does go through the red tape of getting permission from the estate to create prints that have a signature stamp, that is a facsimile or copied signature. If the original bears a signature and the entire image is photographed, you have a poster or photolithograph. If the piece has a pencil number or  bloch number as many Picasso works do, and you feel it might have value, I suggest a formal appraisal by one of the few people qualified to do the work.  If you need a referral, send me an email request so I can send the info in a secure email.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.