Fine Art/Picasso print with Signiture

Question
Being new to the online bidding and interest in Picasso's work I came accross an auction. I found a Picasso print from 1969 of his 1919 painting "Still life in front of a window with Saint Raphael" that is supposedly signed by Picasso and numbered 23/50, no COA and there is a capital P embossed in the paper in the bottom corner as well. I asked the seller about a COA and they said they had it at one time but could not find it now. However, they do have other works for sale with COA's with them. This print is also approximately 8 X 11. Paid 204.00. Your opinion would be greatly appreciated. I haven't sent the check yet.

Answer
Ruth--A "print" of a painting is nothing more than a reproduction, and he never signed one, nor would one be made in such a small edition.  The numbering is bogus and so is the signature.  I would not pay $204 unless it was in a $180 frame.  You can probably find a poster shop on line that would have the print for between $20 and $35.  Alan klevit.

Check out Alan's latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, at www.booklocker.com

Alan Klevit