Fine Art/Picasso

Question
Dear Mr. Klevit:
I am writing in regard to a Picasso, drawing/print/litho/? Picture of the Face Dove.
I have tried to locate the information through different websites during the last week, but the more I read the more confused I got....The one test that I did was looked at the drawing through a 30X lite magnifier.....it stated there should be tiny Dots if it is a print........There are NO dots, just very dark black think and thin lines, that feather at the edges (under magnification).
It measures, 16 x 12 1/8".
My question is where do I go from here, it isn't Dots I see..........What type of drawing could it be......I looked for the Watermark......but the paper is yellowed, and I really don't see a design......Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
Kindest Regards,
Crystal

Answer
the dots apply to 4-color separations, not black & white lines.  the face of the dove was a large piece and I am not aware of a drawing the size you mention.  also, you would be able to tell if it were a pencil drawing, and black ink would most likely be heavy--the ink on the surface of the paper.  sounds like a print to me.

Alan Klevit