Fine Art/Playmates by E Munier

Hello I have this small piece of lovely art of a young girl playing with a puppy and a cat by E Munier dated 1903 and I was wondering if it might be worth any money please. Thank you regards Anthony Daniell.

Dear Anthony, Usually genre paintings by Emile Munier are large rather than small. When you indicate small this means what you probably have is a print of a painting by the artist. How do you know the title is "Playmates" ? If you are convinced that what you have is an oil painting then follow my directions below.
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image under 800 pixels, and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.