Fine Art/Please help identify my painting.

Hi Brent

I am trying to find out who the artist is of a painting I have at home. I have posted some pictures on the following art forum. The Signature looks like Triumf but I am unsure. The painting is a winter scene with what I think are beech trees by a river. I was told it was a European artist but still no idea.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hello Brenden,

I am not sure who the creator of this painting is but in my opinion it appears to be very similar to works sold in furniture stores as decorative works of art the look good with the chesterfields they are selling.  If it is one of these works it would have been produced on mass in a factory setting and the signature applied does not in any way represent the person who painted it for it was probably painted by a number of people.

Cheers,  Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.