Fine Art/Printer's Proofs

Question
We purchased a John Lennon self portrait for a considerable sum of money.  The painting lists the piece as printer's proof 1/3.  The certificate shows 1/5.  The dealer indicated the certificate was in error and he would have a corrected one sent to us.  We just got a message from the dealer telling us the certificate is correct, there are 5 printer's proofs.  What do you suggest we do?

Thanks,

Tom

Answer
nothing.  sounds like an honest error to me, which should not have a bearing on the piece.  By the way, you refer to it as a painting.  If so, it would be a one of a kind.  The certificate should identify what medium it is, ie, lithograph, etching, etc.

Alan Klevit