Fine Art/Prints

Hello, I have 3 old prints that were part of an estate left to me and I am wondering what to do with them...I don't want to chuck them if they are of value but to be honest I don't really like them. The first is a print called "General Gordon's Last Stand" by George Joy in black and white and published in 1897. The other two prints are black and white also. They are by David Hicks called " The Dawn of Day" and "The Close of Day" and are likely from around the same time period.

Hi Lisa,

I found only one print by George Joy and none by David Hicks. Apparently you are not the only one who "does not particularly like them". Like you, I hate to throw away art. Any art. Maybe try listing them on eBay with a starting bid of $9.50 and let the market determine their value. After all, the collector market is ALWAYS the ultimate determinate of art value. If they are framed in nice period frames, the value may be enhanced.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.