Fine Art/Question About A Painting

My brother has an oil painting (not a print) and the style is like some I have seen on the Internet and they also show artist Unknown and that is what this picture would be.  It is sort of like the painting by H. Zabateri.  I know the picture was from Germany and I saw where there is a poster of a painting titled "Heilige Grab Christi".  I believe this painting of my brother's is by the same artist.  Can you tell me anything about the original painting "Heilige Grab Christi"?  Where this original painting is and probably what the value would be for this painting?  I would also like to know what period of time this picture was painted. I know since this poster is listed on the Internet at various sites, someone had to have had the original to make the copies from.  If you would send me your E-mail I could send you a scanned copy of the title of the painting I mentioned above and I could send you a copy of my brother's painting. The picture is 16 x 20 with the old original fram. Thank you so much.  Joyce

Dear Joyce,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image under 800 pixels, and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.