Fine Art/Question about l. konig

I was looking up information about a painting that my mother gave to me. My grandmother bought it i think in the 60's when they were overseas. It is an oil painting of an elderly man smoking a pipe. I was just curious. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I don't have camera handy at the moment otherwise i would attach a picture of it for you. Thank you so much

Hello Amber,

Works by this 'artist' and the provenance you have described are very common.  I say 'artist' for I have been told that it was a workshop of artists that produced these decorative works and sold them to non Europeans for hard currency in the 1960s and 1970s.

Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.