Fine Art/Question about l. konig

Question
I was looking up information about a painting that my mother gave to me. My grandmother bought it i think in the 60's when they were overseas. It is an oil painting of an elderly man smoking a pipe. I was just curious. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I don't have camera handy at the moment otherwise i would attach a picture of it for you. Thank you so much
Amber

Answer
Hello Amber,

Works by this 'artist' and the provenance you have described are very common.  I say 'artist' for I have been told that it was a workshop of artists that produced these decorative works and sold them to non Europeans for hard currency in the 1960s and 1970s.

Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke