Fine Art/R Ortega Oil Paintings

Question
I recently purchased two paintings by an R Ortega.  One is a lovely portrait of a girl holding flowers and the other is an interior of a woman kneeling.  I am not an art dealer but I think these are really nice quality.  They are both signed R Ortega.  The paintings came with some provenance but I am unsure about its accuracy.  

Here is what the papers said:  

Juan Rafeal Ortega Herida Mendez y Ortega Born in 1901, Alicun de Ortega, Spain.  Studied at the University of San Fernando, Madrid.  Naturalist and Portraitist (Spanish School).  Winner of 14 gold medals in diff International Exhibition.  Member of "Circulo de Artiste Espanoles".  Retired Professor of Belles Artes San Jorge.  His work mai find in Museum of Fine Arts Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, Rhuen (Franco), Buenos Aries and in hands of private collectors.  His name cotated:  Diccionario Biografico de Artistas Espanoles 1953.  100 Years of Spanish Arts 1856-1956, Madrid, 1956.  French Dictionary of painters, 1952. (sic)  

There is also a paper that looks like a photocopy of an original note from the artist himself.  

It reads:

Girl in Interior.  Made in Canaries.  "Canary Island" Santa Cruz 1951.  Won the SIlver Medalis in Madrid 1962. Signed R. Ortega y Mendez

I tired to do some research on this artist but it is really difficult when it's all in Spanish and I don't really know how to get better information.  Thank you for any help you might be able to give me.

Kathy

Answer
I agree, there is not much available.  My material has nothing on the artist and the Retired, rare art book dealer I called has nothing?  I can refer you to an art appraiser, they have their own fees etc.
If you want that info, please email me at:
collectdali@aol.com

Dan Twyman