Fine Art/RE: Collage Assemblage "Christ Espagnol"

I'm not sure if the first question I ask went thru, so I'm trying it again.I have a Collage Assemblage Title:"Christ Espagnol" registration 2186.53 Exhibition:11-25-1953    artist: I. Boileau Exhibited at the American Legion Hall San Francisco California. Sold to a Clara Huntington. I got the picture from my grandmother's estate when she past away a few years ago. She had gotten it as a gift from The Old Presbyterian Church in San Francisco 12-1969. The collage is done on canvas 18 by 22 not sure its in a huge frame.Jesus is made out of material,hand stitched and very detailed,eyes are amazing looks like they follow you where ever you move in the room. The picture is also three dementional. I thought it was a oil painting until I really looked at it. I had some friends of mine that own a Antique store tell me I should look into the history of this. I have looked up the artist and found nothing,as well as ask Yahoo Q&A got some information,but not enough to really know anything just some sites I might want to try, which I found nothing. I thought maybe you could find something on this piece of art. I also contacted the ALH where it was on displayed and was told they don't keep records dated back that far. I hope you can help me. Thank you   Christina Johnson

I see that you have been searching for a while now. Your posts are on Yahoo etc. Your doing the right thing in being persistent. I don't find any info on the artist or the work you mentioned. If you can find the artists country of origin, it will make the job much easier. Was the artist a local from SF? or was the piece from out of the country?

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.