Fine Art/RE: TITIAN ENGRAVING FROM 1909 CURTIS PUBLISHING COM

Question
WE HAVE ACQUIRED A PRINT I GUESS ON THE LEFT HAND CORNER IT HAS LETTERING LOOKS LIKE LAVINIA AND ON THE RIGHT HAND BOTTOM IT HAS TITIAN AND ON THE TOP OF THE PICTURE OR PRINT IT SAYS COPYWRIGT 1909 CURTIS PUBLISHING COMPANY  ON THE BACK OF THE FRAME IT HAS THE COUNTRY CLUB ART SHOP THE SIGN OF THE SHIP KANSAS CITY MISSOURI   
I AM GUESSING THE LAVINIA IS THE ART NAME IT IS A GIRL HOLDING A BOWL OF FRUIT... IT LOOKS REAL OLD
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE PICTURE... I HAVE NOT FOUND MUCH ON IT.....

Answer
The Country Club Plaza has been around for some time now, I have relatives in that area, not sure if there is a connection.
Curtis Publishing went bankrupt in the 1970's and the company was purchased by a group that has rights to Saturday Evening Post content they continue to sell to this day, but they have no info on the old Curtis Publishing company archives.

Anything that is 100 yrs old has value as an antique, however the selling prices for some of the old un-signed prints are low. If it is pencil signed and limited edition, your value will be better.
If you decide to pursue further, I can refer you to an art appraiser, minimum charges from them are in the $150 to 350.00 range.

Dan

Dan Twyman