Fine Art/Re: Jose Puyet

Hi....Over 30 yrs. ago, my mother-in-law gave us a beautiful painting (?) entitled En El Casino.  It has a signature on the bottom and also a nameplate, En El Casino, and looks very much like an oil painting but I am not sure.  You can feel the brush strokes.  It is approx. 35"x45".  Do you have any idea what, if anything, it is worth as I have downsized and need to dispose of many things.  Thank you so much.

Dear Jeanne,

I am inclined to believe that your painting is actually a print rather than original painting. I have found several examples of a similar painting (by name and by Joes Puyat) on the Internet and his work is often found reproduced on stiffened cardboard with raised brushstrokes. It is often difficult to distinguish the difference between original and print.

Though it is unlikely that you have the original "En EL Casino", it is not impossible. If original, the value of his paintings currently average $2500 (at auction).

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.