Fine Art/Recognize Painting

Friendly greetings and best wishes from republic of Georgia Dear Daniel!
Please help me with identification of painting.
Several years ago my uncle presented me it and he did not now the painters name, just said that he has bought painting in St.Petersburg (Russia) in soviet period and it is the work of 19th century European Painter.
The painting is oil on canvas and dimensions are 27/18 (inch).
I will attach image of painting and image of signature on it, which I cant recognize, just let me know our email address.
I hope you’ll help me get to know something at long last, about painting of my own!
Thank you
Best Regards
Irakli Naneishvili  

Greetings Irakli, Send images to me per my standard instructions below. If I cannot identify it I have a good friend who is an expert on Russian art.
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not embed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back (90% of respondents do not send me images of the back, I can obtain nearly as much information from the back as from the front), and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do NOT research prints or artwork post-1940.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.