Fine Art/Red Watermill

Question
red watermill
Question     hello i have a 3 foot painting with a plaque that says red watermill and the name thomas also a signature in the left bottom corner that says e thomas there is a boy drinking from a stream with a dog and a girl and some geese with 3 to four dirt roads i got it from a older lady at a yard sale she said it was an antique but she got tired of keeping it from getting ruined on the back it says a cameo creation someone told me it was German 19th Century artist Ernst Thomas im not sure if thats true if the painting is real or a print is it worth anything

Answer
Dear Carin,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not embed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back (90% of respondents do not send me images of the back, I can obtain nearly as much information from the back as from the front), and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at damnfineart@yahoo.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do NOT research prints or artwork post-1940.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes