Fine Art/Repair or leave it alone?

Question
Hello!  This is a wonderful site!  I have an old oil painting (child picking flowers next to a cliff with her guardian angel) with a hole in it, and if you hold it up to the light you can see there is some missing paint.  I believe it to be 100-150 years old from the looks of the frame, not sure though.  Signed on the left in dark brown, so I can't get a good picture of it E. McKenna, on the right it has the title Guardian Angel.  The wood on the back has part of a label that reads Wagner S. Dak.  Anything you could tell me about this painting would be appreciated, as well as whether it would be best to leave it alone or try to have it repaired to prevent further damage.  Thanks so much.

Answer
Hello to you Carolyn!

Your painting sounds lovely and I would love to take a look at it. If you can email me photos of the front, back, and a close up of the signature and any other writing, I will try to locate your artist. Please send clear images in jpeg format.

I will answer your question on conservation after I see the painting.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley