Fine Art/Representation

Question
Hi Alan, i have been really painting for years. I am your typical workhorse painter and have no idea how to find good representation. the galleries i enter never seem to be a fit. i like a blend of classical with contemporary and it seems to often be one or the other. my website is at www.aaronbernard.net . any ideas on how to get my foot in the door would be appreciated, meanwhile i continue to paint paint paint..

thanks, Aaron

Answer
Aaron--I like your website and your art.  Unfortunately, there is no magic bullet.  I have written several books and have yet to lure an agent.  The arts are not for wimps.  However, when you say your art never seems to fit in any of the galleries, a rep would have the same problem.  Just stick with it, perhaps show at local fairs & shows.  Art dealers often frequent them.  Good luck.
Alan Klevit

Check out Alan's latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, at www.booklocker.com.

Alan Klevit