Fine Art/Robert Gallon

Question
Hi Daniel,

I purchased 2 paintings, one is signed R Gallon in the lower left corner the piece looks old with cracking starting to appear, the subject is a woman and man sitting on a log with the woman reaching out to feed a small dog. There is a cottage in trees on the left and small stream at the front. The canvas looks old and has been re-framed.The work is in oil and is 12" by 18". Is there a way to authenticate this piece or any place there is pictures of Robert Gallon's work.

Thank You

Ron

Answer
Dear Ron, As far as I know there is not a specific expert for Robert Gallon. Most art dealers of traditional paintings and auctioneers can verify if your painting is authentic. You can also google images for Robert Gallon and see examples.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes