Fine Art/Robert Owen lithographic picture

My father has a Robert Owen lithographic picture. It is the double bogey print. How can you tell if it is real or a repo? It is in great shape. The print is on a thick backing of some sort. It says 1020 double bogey 22x28 cm55x70 ira roberts publishing inc. 1976 litho in usa.  

Dear Shelley,

Ira Roberts Publishing published many different artists in the seventies, including Robert Owen.  They turned several of his paintings into custom open edition art prints. Your print is probably of good quality and from one of these open editions. Regardless of print quality or what the publisher may state, these prints are considered reproductions.  You can email the artistís gallery to get more information. Contact information  is on this page:

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.