Fine Art/Robert Owens

Question
Hey Dolly, how are you? I recently came accross a rather large piece
by Robert Owen depicting a group of clowns playing musical
instruments. It was numbered 14 out of 350 and was priced around
$275. Would buying this piece be considered a good investment or
is $275 a common price for this piece. I believe it was signed too.
Please respond as quickly as possible because I will lose my chance
to buy it if I dont act soon. Thank you so much for your time.   -
Tyler

Answer
Hello Tyler,

I am doing great, thank you. I am not an Owen expert, but I did some quick research on his limited edition prints. The artist is currently selling LE/hand signed prints for $300-500. Sometimes certain prints increase in value over others by the same artist. This may be the case with the one you are looking at, but I have not found any of his original prints selling for more than $500.

Overall, I do not reccomend collecting art based on investment. It could take years (if ever) for the art to appreciate enough to make it a good investment over traditional investments. If you like the image, then it is probably at a fair retail price.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley