Fine Art/Robert W. Addison

My friend wants to sell a serigraph called Autumn Farm by Addison and he looked up the gallery [Merrill Chase in Shaumburg,IL] only to find they are not open anymore. He wants to sell this serigraph and can't find any useful info on the artist or the serigraph. Can you help on an estimated price or info on the artist? The Merrill chase site gives a place you can contact but they want 195.00 just to appraise, I don't know if that's worth it if you can't find anything out about the artist.

Dear Shannon,

I am sorry about the delay in answering your question..The Flu got the best of me....
If you want to sell the serigraph....expect to find low offers in the $800 range...although the work is from an established is a serigraph and originals would get the most money.....I would press you luck on ebay since you would have a larger client base....If you spend the 195 for the would be worth it to determine exact value based on condition..but I would only do this for insurance purposes....Appraisals usually wont sell for the true value...only if someone really wants the piece....I don't see a huge demand on his you might be best off just holding on to it and gifting it to a loved one...its a nice work...

Alejandro Rojas Salazar

I will answer questions about collecting limited edition prints. (i.e. lithographs, serigraphs, giclees, etchings, etc.)

I have been an art dealer for 10 years in Boston, La Jolla, and Laguna Beach. I am the Executive Director of Madison GAllery in La Jolla.

Harvard University (2001)Masters Degree in Theology and Art History Boston College (1999)- Masters Degree in Sociology and Art HIstory Colorado College (1995)- BA in Sociology and Art History