Fine Art/Ruthven byrum Painting

Question
I found an old painting in my grandmothers attic called Smokey Mountain Road by Ruthven Byrum.  Is it worth anything?  It's in good shape but the backing of the frame is coming off.  Thanks....

Answer
Glenda, the last auction record for a Byrum was in 2002.  Also a Smokey Mountain piece--the artist's favorite subject--it was estimated to be worth $2,000-3,000.  However, it did not sell at any price.  Worth cleaning and refraiming, I would say, but difficult to estimate the value, although it is certainly worth something.  Whether or not you can sell it is another question.  Enjoy it.  Alan.

Alan Klevit