Fine Art/Salvador Dali

Question
Mr. Klevit,
I recently purchased a numbered lithograph (#836/1700) of Salvador Dali's "Lincoln in Dalivision" at a small thrift shop for a minimal amount. Attached to the back of the lithograph, which was matted and framed, was the certificate of sale from 1989 for $195. What is this lithograph worth today?

Thank you for your assistance,
Dustin

Answer
Dustin:  I have bad news.  The original lithograph was executed in several editions of 200-250.  Numerous subsequent editions were created by greedy art dealers and Dali had nothing to do with them.  It is probably worth the minimal amount you infer.  But it is really cool.  Enjoy it.  Alan Klevit.

Check out Alan's latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, at www.booklocker.com.

Alan Klevit