Fine Art/Salvador Dali

Question
I was told that there are only 5 Dali masterpieces. Is this correct? If not, how many does he have and is there a web site I can view them on ?

Answer
Frankly, Lea, I have not heard that there were only 5 Dali masterpieces.  How do we know how many?  There is a current exhibition at the Philadelphia Museum.  You could visit their website or find out if there is a catalog, and which pieces are considered the most special.  There is the Dali Museum in Florida [my fave there is "Christopher Columbus Discovers America"--a large, complex, exciting work]; and his museum in Spain [I think in Seville].  His "Last Supper" is in D. C. [in the East Wing].  No site I know of announces itself as the place to view his masterpieces.  I would assert there are more than five.  Happy hunting.  Alan.

Alan Klevit