Fine Art/Sessions paintings

Question
Hi Mr Hynes,
I recently acquired 2 painting by Sessions: "After the Catch" & "Herring Boats".  They appear to be originals on canvas however I am not sure. I purchased them in a yard sale of an older gentleman in my town.  The are not prints and they are not prints glued on canvas.  I have taken apart the framing to be sure.  They are stretched oil painted canvas.  You can see and feel raised areas of the oil.  I have pictures of them both.  How do I know if they are real and the value of them?  Any help you could render would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Answer
Dear Jolaine, I would be glad to help you, please follow the instructions below.
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image under 800 pixels, and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don't include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at pirround@msn.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada.
Cordially,
Dan  

Daniel A. Hynes