Fine Art/Shlomo Alter

Question
I don't know much about purchasing art but was interested in a seriolithograph by shlomo alter. It has a coa and is signed and numbered A.P. 11/75. What does the A.P. mean? The price is approx. $50 unframed. The seller claims it is much more valuable. What do you think? Thanks.

Answer
Michelle--I have never heard of Alter.  And I have no idea what a seriolithograph is--it is not an original graphic technique.  And an AP is an artist proof, usually 1 for every ten in an edition, so 75 AP's means the edition is at least another 750 pieces.  Having said all that, a reproduction not signed usually sells for $20 to $30 so if you like the work, it is certainly worth $50.  At that price, buy with your heart and you won't go wrong.  Enjoy it.  Alan Klevit.

Alan Klevit