Fine Art/Signed Alex Dzigurski Print

Question
Hi Dolly!

My signed Alex Dzigurski print is "Golden Sunset" and is in good condition.  The original was copyright 1973.  The print is, I believe, a "gravure".

I would appreciate having some idea of its value.

Thank you for what you do.  

Answer
Dear Carolyn,

Thank you for your question. I spent a lot of research time trying to locate any information on original release editions of "Golden Sunset"; but to no avail. It is arguably the most reproduced of all the Dzigurski images, but they are all open editions.
You mention it is possibly a gravure, but I find no indications that Dzigurski did any engravings. I am finding quite a bit of his original oils still available on the market in the $5000-15,000 range. For your print to have value, it will need to be part of a limited edition release (look for a number such as 25/350 [example number only], in the margin); and it will need to be hand signed by the artist. Most instances will have a "plate" signature as well as a hand signature in the margin. If you have a limited edition print, you may be able to get a price estimate from a gallery that carries his original work such as Pierce Galleries at http://www.piercegalleries.com/artists/iart_dzigurski.html

His son, Alex Dzigurski II, is also an accomplished artist with a gallery in Palo Alto, California. I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly  

Dolly D Headley