Fine Art/Signed Alex Dzigurski Print

Hi Dolly!

My signed Alex Dzigurski print is "Golden Sunset" and is in good condition.  The original was copyright 1973.  The print is, I believe, a "gravure".

I would appreciate having some idea of its value.

Thank you for what you do.  

Dear Carolyn,

Thank you for your question. I spent a lot of research time trying to locate any information on original release editions of "Golden Sunset"; but to no avail. It is arguably the most reproduced of all the Dzigurski images, but they are all open editions.
You mention it is possibly a gravure, but I find no indications that Dzigurski did any engravings. I am finding quite a bit of his original oils still available on the market in the $5000-15,000 range. For your print to have value, it will need to be part of a limited edition release (look for a number such as 25/350 [example number only], in the margin); and it will need to be hand signed by the artist. Most instances will have a "plate" signature as well as a hand signature in the margin. If you have a limited edition print, you may be able to get a price estimate from a gallery that carries his original work such as Pierce Galleries at

His son, Alex Dzigurski II, is also an accomplished artist with a gallery in Palo Alto, California. I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.