Fine Art/Sir Edwin Landseer R. A

I have this print that has been in the family for a long time. this is what it says under the print.
painted by Sir Edwin Landseer R.A
Engraved by H.T Ryall
Published 1834 for the proprietors
From the original picture in the collection of (than A crest with two lions) his grace the Duke of Northumberland K.G vc or uc
it says it is a copy, how can i find out if it is worth anything.

and i have two pitchers by M.B Parkinson you know the ones Cupid Awake and Cupid Asleep
my question about them is all the other prints i have seen said published and a year mine say copyright in 1897 and it looks hand written what it the difference in Published and copyright

Thank you for your time
Linda Wandvik

Dear Linda,

The original engraving by Henry Thomas Ryall after Sir Edwin Landseer was done in 1854. An original of this would be approximately 22 x 28 inches (image size), and in black and white. There are so many copies of this image; it is difficult to track value on the variations. Since yours is a copy, its value is in the decorative art category. The prices for copies are all over the place, and if you Google it, you can probably find one that resembles yours in price. It is a beautiful image and I hope you are enjoying on your wall.

Parkinson was an English photographer and the images of Cupid are probably one of the most reproduced images of all time. Their value is decorative. Copyright means someone owns the rights to the image. Published usually represents the year it was printed or released.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.