Fine Art/Symbolist Painting

Question
Goddess of Discord
Goddess of Discord  
Dear Mr. Boon,

I own a large Symbolist painting that was purchased in Belgium several decades ago and appears to be about 100 years old. It is unfinished but quite powerful, showing 2 warriors, a dead child, and Eris, the Greek Goddess of Discord holding the Apple of Discord.  I do not exactly know if it is Belgian, but I know that many Symbolist painters were.  There is a signature, which is smudged and seems to be in pencil.  See attached photos. Anything you might be able to tell me about the work would be very welcome.  Thank you.

Answer
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your question. The closest artist to your painting is Emile FABRY, but it is NOT. I am not 100% sure, but I believe that it is not a genuine work. You may always send me very detailed photos of signature and back + size to christopheboon@hotmail.com

Kind Regards,

Christophe BOON

Christophe Boon