aristide Bruent dans son cabaret
aristide Bruent dans s  
Hello, My name is Scott and I purchased a Toulouse-Lautrec (I don't know what
to call it, lithograph,maybe) from an estate of an old French art collector.  The
size is approximately 21 inches by 30 inches.  The title is "aristide Bruent dans
son cabaret.  On the left side it says Imp EDW Ancourt at Cie Paris Depose.  I
was offered a sum of money but I want to be honest and know what I am selling.

Hello Scott,

I hope all is well with you. I do not think there is an artist's work that has been more reproduced than Toulouse Lautrec (other than Picasso). There are so many versions and printings, that without examination it is impossible to tell a collector the value of their art.

The original poster of this image from 1893 is much larger at approximately 54 x 38 inches, however there are smaller size images that command decent prices. I will gladly spend more time on this if you can be patient. I have his catalog and I can check to see if this size is listed. If you wish, please send me your email address to and I will follow up with my research results.

I hope you are enjoying the holiday season.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.