Fine Art/Thomas Maybank

Question
Hello, I have an original Thomas Maybank watercolour painting. I was hoping you might be able to tell me how much such a painting would fetch at auction. Any information forthcoming will be gratefully received, many thanks.

Answer
Dear Thomas, It is not prudent for me to give appraisals, especially on works I have not physically examined. Thomas Maybank is a fairly well respected 20th century British artist. I would suggest you send photos and complete description of your watercolor to Sotheby's and Christie's in London. Indicate you are interested in consigning your painting for auction. The second option: if you know someone who subscribes (it's expensive) to artnet.com they can check his prices realized for the past 10 or 15 years. Third option: most libraries at art museums and major universities have the Annual Art Price Index, and you can look-up your artist with prices realized at auction year by year.
Cordially,
Dan  

Daniel A. Hynes