Fine Art/Thomas Maybank

Where can I find information about this painter of fairy pictures?
Thomas Maybank 1898 - 1925.
He illustrated a number of books, incl. an Alice in Wonderland in 1920s.
I especially remember his funny goblins on the endpapers of some Wonder Books 1920s. The picture at the back was the same scene at the front only seconds later when a great calamity had occurred!

Thomas Maybank, British illustrator flourished 1898-1925. He practised in in Beckenham, Croydon, and Esher, contributing a number of startling fairy designs to "Punch" between 1902 and 1904. These include "A Bank Holiday in Goblin Land", "Coronation of Titania", and "New Year's Eve", all taking great inspiration from the work of John Doyle and his four sons.
His work is found in the Victoria & Albert Museum.
Cordially, Dan

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.