Fine Art/Toulouse Lautrec Lithograph

Dolly- I see what is purported to be a Toulouse Lautre lithograph "Mademoiselle Marcelle Lender, En Buste", 'creation dates to 1865', copywrite by Muse'e D'Albee, France; pencil signed lower right not in block, with nonlegible writing in lower left. It is a color lithograph printed on 'thick museum paper' and block size is 11 3/4" X 9". Any chance this is a legitimite piece? Thank you for your time.  Michael

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your question. The Musee dí Albi is the Museum of Toulouse Lautrec and houses over a thousand pieces of his work. Throughout the years the Museum has authorized posthumous printings of Lautrecís work in limited edition of 1200-1500. This may be what you are looking at. The ones I have seen are usually of very good quality. I cannot tell you what the current market value of your print is, but many of the good quality early lithographs currently fetch upwards of $1000-2000. As far as the signature; I believe it is impossible to be Lautrecís as most of these lithos were printed in the early to mid century. Also, it was originally released in 1895, not 1865 so I assume that is just a typo.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.