Fine Art/Toulouse Lautrec Lithograph

Question
Dolly- I see what is purported to be a Toulouse Lautre lithograph "Mademoiselle Marcelle Lender, En Buste", 'creation dates to 1865', copywrite by Muse'e D'Albee, France; pencil signed lower right not in block, with nonlegible writing in lower left. It is a color lithograph printed on 'thick museum paper' and block size is 11 3/4" X 9". Any chance this is a legitimite piece? Thank you for your time.  Michael

Answer
Dear Michael,

Thank you for your question. The Musee dí Albi is the Museum of Toulouse Lautrec and houses over a thousand pieces of his work. Throughout the years the Museum has authorized posthumous printings of Lautrecís work in limited edition of 1200-1500. This may be what you are looking at. The ones I have seen are usually of very good quality. I cannot tell you what the current market value of your print is, but many of the good quality early lithographs currently fetch upwards of $1000-2000. As far as the signature; I believe it is impossible to be Lautrecís as most of these lithos were printed in the early to mid century. Also, it was originally released in 1895, not 1865 so I assume that is just a typo.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley