Fine Art/Trying to identify a painting

My grandmother has a painting that belonged to HER grandmother, and it does not have a clear signature. We do not know the name or artist and are very interested in finding information on it. It depicts a young boy and young girl sitting on a branch of a tree. It looks to be about the 1920's time, because the girl is wearing a blue flapper-style dress. Her hair is in Shirley Temple-esque curls, and the moon is shining behind them as the young children gaze into each other's eyes. On the upper right hand corner, there are two owls perched on another tree branch. The background is the dark blue night sky. Foliage from the tree is around them. It's a sweet, darling painting and we would love to know more about it. Thank you for your time.

Dear Talia, I cannot make any identification from your description. If you like you can send an email to me at with attached jpg images. An image of the front, the back, and a close-up of the signature and any inscriptions or labels. Make your subject line "allexperts" so I do not bounce you as spam.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.