Fine Art/Trying to identify a painting

Question
Hi, I have a painting that my parents purchsed in Germany more then 30 years ago.  I cannot read the artists signature, so I cannot find any info on it.  I don't even know if it has any value or not.  I am going to include a few photos of it so that maybe I can get some help with it's identity.  I think it is oil on canvas but again, I cannot be sure.  Any help you could give me on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time.  

Answer
Dear Michele, You can send jpg images to my email pirround@msn.com  Make your subject line "allexperts" so I do not bounce you as spam.
Best would be images of the front, the back, and a close-up of the signature. Also give me the exact size of the painting.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes