Fine Art/Ulysses A. Ricci

Question
I have a oil painting with the  signature "Ulysses A. Ricci" in the lower left of a winter scene. The painting depicts a woman dressed in red in the left foreground moving toward a snow-covered town in twilight. There is a church spire in the right background.  The only information that I can find on UAR is work as a sculptor.  I would like some information about his oil painting.  

Answer
Dear Regina, Ulysses Anthony Ricci (1888-1960)was both a painter and sculptor. He studied at the Cooper Union and the Art Students' League under George Bridgeman (painting) and James Earle Fraser (sculpture). He was a member of the American Numismatic Society, National Sculpture Society, Allied Artists of America, Salmagundi Club, Architectural League, Audubon Artists, American Artists Professional League, Guild of Boston Artists, Rockport Art Association, North Shore Artists Association, and an Associate of the National Academy. He exhibited widely and received several awards and medals. His subjects were landscapes, portraits, and wildlife.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes