Fine Art/Unknown artist!

Hello Daniel,
I have a pair of watercolour paintings but I cannot find anything out about the artist. Theya re both signed what looks to be A E Godber.
One painting has, hand written in pencil, on the back 'Street in Baghdad, looking towards the Great Bazaar and, the other has 'Baghdad opposite the YMCA' 6/94.
They look to be old paintings and I have had them now for over 15 years.
The paintings themselves are excellent condition and the detail is lovely.  We have had one re-framed but the other is still in an old frame.
Any information you could help me with would be great as I wish to sell the paintings soon and do not have any idea of price as it seems the artist is unknown!
Thank you
Kindest Regards

Dear Sarah,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do not research prints or artwork post-1940.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.