Fine Art/Unknown artist WW2 oil painting, historical value

Question
I am hoping you might direct me as to the right place to go concerning an oil painting we have discovered that we have done some research on but are curious as to the artist and think this painting might has some historical value at the least. The painting appears to require some good painting skills. What we know is this painting was done of the USS Eversole DE 404 signed LR L. E. STUART and dated 1944, the same year this ship was sunk by a torpedo. We think possibly a sailor painted this or someone closely connected. We were told it was acquired from an estate sale in San Antonio, TX    Thanks:)for any thoughts
Diane

Answer
Your best bet is to find WW11 art sellers.  There are theme galleries and shops that specialize in WW11 memoribilea etc.

I am a broker for the masters like Dali etc.

Try a google search with the term rare WW11 art and other similar searches and find galleries and call them.

Dan

Dan Twyman