Fine Art/Utrillo Painting

We bought a painting at an estate sale signed by Utrillo, it is roughly 25x31, (can't tell exactly as it is in a frame), we do know it was framed at The House of Rosalie in N.Y.C. in the 1920's, I beleive it's an oil and has small pin up holes at the corners.

Dear Brian, Utrillo is the most copied, reproduced, and faked of all 20th century artists. Chances you have a real "Utrillo" are one-in-a-million. I can't see your image, it is too small, however if you believe your painting is real you can find the catalogue raisonne (complete works)of Utrillo by Paul Petrides at most major art museum and university libraries.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.